Statement: Steelcraft was founded in 1933 by the Levinson family as a building products distribution company in downtown Cincinnati. Prosperity turned into dramatic growth in 1942 when the company began manufacturing various building products such as doors and steel casement windows. Government contracts spurred this growth during World War II and included prefabricated steel buildings, various ship and aircraft parts, pipe rails, and bailey bridges. In 1946, Steelcraft secured its 32 acre site in suburban Blue Ash and built its first 20,000 square feet of factory space. Today, Steelcraft occupies 580, 000 square feet of manufacturing and warehousing space.